- In the 2010-2011 RDO Program, 90% of FRLâ€™s Community Partner organizations participating in the RDO Program stated that having a Rural Development Officer (RDO) placed with their organization increased their human resource capacity.
- Community Partners also attributed the potential for an additional $1.4 million in resources in support of their programs and services as an outcome of the Program.
- 100% of Community Partners said that partnering with FRL furthered the impact of their organization for the betterment of their community.
- Since the beginning of the RDO Program, FRL has hosted 110 RDO placements.
- Of these, over 90 unemployed individuals have gone on to secure new career opportunities, representing an 82% employment success rate.
- Past RDOs cite the role of the Program in enhancing their jobs search skills, developing confidence in their existing skill set, and creating long-term career plans
What are RDOs and Community Partners saying about the Program?
â€śFRL has...provided me with some of the best learning experiences I have enjoyed since leaving formal schooling years agoâ€ť.
- Bill Auchterlonie, RDO, Womenâ€™s Addiction Recovery Mediation
"This is simply an excellent program and I would highly recommend that any organization with an interest in rural sustainability participate in itâ€ť.
- Brian Masschaele, Director of Community and Cultural Services, Elgin County Library
â€śI cannot say enough about how much I have gained from my time with FRLâ€ť.
- Cindy Bondy, RDO, Childrenâ€™s Treatment Centre Foundation of Chatham-Kent
â€śThe RDO Program is unique and important in our changing economyâ€ť.
- Erica Ferguson, Executive Director, Kimbercote Farms
â€ś...one of the greatest benefits to this program is the personal touch that FRL offers, by taking the time to really connect with each of their RDOs'.
- Jennifer Lennie, RDO, Everdale Organic Farm and Environmental Learning Centre
â€śâ€¦one thing I especially like about the RDO Program is thatâ€¦FRL assumes such a large amount of the administrative oversight by being actively involved in making applications, advertising and recruiting, supervising and offering trainingâ€ť.
- Art Stirling, Executive Director, Childrenâ€™s Treatment Centre Foundation of Chatham-Kent
â€śWith the supports you receive, you are able to create an effective resumĂ© and obtain a job that you will be suited for and not end up back on unemploymentâ€ť.
- Mary Ann Grimaldi, RDO, Autism Ontario
â€śThe benefits of the program are two-fold: it helps the RDO to implement and expand their skillsâ€¦and secondly it allows the RDO to gain new skills through the opportunity to try out new directions in their career pathâ€ť.
- Margaret Maynard, Executive Director,Niagara West Employment & Learning Resource Centres
â€śMy RDO placementâ€¦has been one of the most enjoyable job experiences Iâ€™ve had. In fact, until recently, I canâ€™t remember the last time I actually LOOKED FORWARD to going to workâ€ť.
- Lianne Sprigg, RDO, Foundation for Rural Living
â€śWorking together with FRL we have found the best applicant for the position, we have watched her involvement with the Learning Program provided and seen her competence grow. Your program has had a huge impact on Sensational Eloraâ€ť.
- Rhoda Lipton, Chair, Sensational Elora
â€śI would highly recommend the RDO Program to qualifying individualsâ€¦FRL and their partners provide participants with so many opportunities to gain knowledge and better themselves that one canâ€™t help but enjoy successesâ€ť.
- Angela Greer, RDO, Womenâ€™s Resource Centre
â€śI hope it is very clear that we are huge fans ofâ€¦FRL and the RDO Program. We hope that the MTCU understands the scope and quality of the work that you are doing and its critical importance in our rural communitiesâ€ť.
- Brendan Johnson, Executive Director, Everdale Organic Farm and Environmental Learning Centre
â€śI would like to thank you, and all of the dedicated staff of the Foundation for Rural Living for giving me this opportunity to learn and grow. I have truly benefitted and I am truly gratefulâ€ť.
- Diane Owen, RDO, Southampton Arts Society
â€śWeâ€¦appreciate the Foundation for Rural Livingâ€™s contribution to our organization and the excellent resources they provide. The staff at the Foundation is helpful, courteous and brings a high level of expertise to partnerships they provideâ€ť.
- Chris Harvey, Executive Director, North America Railway Hall of Fame
â€śI have been able to greatly broaden my skill set through this position and have discovered skills that I didnâ€™t even know I had!â€ť
- Cynthia Brown, RDO, Sensational Elora
â€śI would like to sayâ€¦that WARM has been doubly blessed by [FRL] and its RDO Program. WARM has been able to hire me, an Alumni, of this wonderful program as the Program Director and has acquired Billâ€¦to help us continue on our quest for sustainability without taking away from our delivery of much needed counselling for women and their families. Thank you so much for all you have done for WARMâ€ť.
- Claire Duthie, Program Director,Womenâ€™s Addiction Recovery Mediation
â€śMonthly mentoring and coaching sessions, online training, conferences; they all add up to boosting my skills and making me feel part of a teamâ€ť.
- Denise Robinson, RDO,North America Railway Hall of Fame
â€śThe RDO Program is an excellent program and is invaluable to small, non-profit organizations in rural settingsâ€ť.
- Lynne Armstrong, Executive Director, Epilepsy Huron-Bruce-Grey
â€śOur Rural Development Officer is an active part of our team, allowing connections with other agencies, organizations, services clubs and individuals to develop. She has also been instrumental in facilitating a variety of fundraising events that have raised over $7,000.00 in the last few monthsâ€ť.
- Cindy Webber, Program Resource Coordinator, Serenity House Hospice